twotonmax is a sensitively transformed, beautifully detailed industrial warehouse located in North Melbourne. Hidden behind an anonymous street front, it is a blank canvas you can quickly and easily transform. This is a rare opportunity to create a unique event, with your own choice of caterer and limitless options for decorating and furnishing the room.
The venue’s stunning burnished concrete floor, neutral white walls and discrete lighting are easily enhanced with additional fixtures as required. An oversize marble service bar is coupled with a commercial kitchen, sparkling bathrooms, air conditioning and other facilities, all well integrated into the venue. The vintage overhead crane (two ton max capacity) can be called into duty should it be required.
Direct street access allows for easy bump-in, ample rigging points and flexible electrical layout make it an easy venue to tailor quickly and effectively. The venue offers you the opportunity to create a unique event in the style you choose.
Type: Victorian Event Venues
Capacity: 200 people seated
- Polished concrete floor
- Private outdoor garden/smokers’ area
- Direct street access via secure gated pedestrian entry
- Internal height in excess of 4.5m
- Marble service bar 3.6m x 1.0m
- Filtered natural light via skylights throughout the space
- Access: Vehicle access via roller door
- Functioning 2 ton overhead crane
- Heating and A/C
- Male and female toilets and separate staff facilities
- Commercial kitchen, back-of-house area
- Separate outdoor area for additional cooking/refuse store/staff egress
Integrated stereo with iPod cradle, cordless mic, and lapel mic
- Permanent video projector
- 3 phase power up to 32 amps
- Security system
- Pre-wired circuitry for additional lighting as required
The venue is located on the fringe of a warehouse precinct, with close proximity to Macaulay Station (100metres) and excellent road access via Citylink or other main arteries. It is approximately 3km from the CBD. On-street parking is unrestricted and is particuarly abundant after normal business hours. There are no residences in the vicinity.
Twotonmax has been developed with the environment in mind. Firstly, it is a re-use of an existing (very old) building so it benefits from low encapsulated energy. In some instances the materials normally discarded during the demolition phase have been re-crafted and employed in the finished product. Examples of this include the slatted timber cladding on the entry gate and bulkhead areas, the main timber stairs, and the metal fence and handrail components.
Equally importantly, all consumables used in wet areas and all cleaning products used in the venue are carefully considered to be environmentally sensitive and wherever possible, non-toxic