5 paper gift ideas for your first wedding anniversary
With wedding season fast approaching in Australia, we think a lot of newlyweds out there will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary come spring. So, what better time than the present to suggest unique gift ideas?
The first wedding anniversary gift has traditionally been associated with paper since Victorian Era times. The jury’s still out as to why paper has been exchanged for almost 200 years between couples celebrating their 1st anniversary, but we like to think it’s because paper represents a blank page and a fresh, new start.
While the modern gift for first wedding anniversaries is a clock, we can’t resist a bit of age-old tradition and sentimentality. So, who better to ask for expert advice on 1st year gifts than stationery superstars Papier?
Here, they share with us 5 cute paper gift ideas for your first wedding anniversary:
1. Couple’s notecards: Entwine your names in print to represent your joint life together (may we suggest a golden touch of foiling for that luxe effect?) Couple’s notecards not only look cute, but they serve as a declaration of your love for each other to its recipients.
2. Tickets: Whether it’s a gold-class experience at the cinemas, front-row seats to a musical, or even a holiday to a tropical resort (we can only dream!), tickets are a great first anniversary gift idea. It’s also a great way to share an experience with your spouse. (Don’t forget to print the tickets out, or it won’t count as a paper anniversary gift!)
3. A photo book: What better way to ring in the first anniversary than to gift a photo book from your wedding day? Add in love notes between the photos for an extra cute surprise.
4. An anniversary card: There’s nothing lovelier than reading a handwritten note filled with heartfelt messages from your spouse. Make it even more personal by writing on your very own custom-designed and monogrammed anniversary card, complete with a photo of the two of you.
5. A personalised notebook: Who doesn’t love stationery? It’s even better when it’s personalised! Whether they’re a professional writer or merely enjoy jotting down their thoughts, they’ll be beyond thrilled with their very own notebook. You’ll receive extra brownie points for choosing the right font, colours and design that perfectly reflects their individuality.
May your first year of marriage be the beginning of many more anniversaries to come!
Love, LENZO x