A cute (and quick!) DIY acrylic project for your next event
It’s no secret that the hottest trend right now in event styling is acrylic stationery – we’ve incorporated it in our most recent editorials, including our Loving You is Yeezy Wedding and Mother’s Day High Tea, among many others.
In the past, we've seen acrylic cake toppers, drink stirrers, and backdrop displays - but how about a little something more personalised for your guests? An acrylic coaster with your guest's names on it doubles as a place card and a party favour they can take home long after they've taken off their dancing shoes - it's a double win for you!
So, if you’re looking to add a personal touch to your event stationery, here’s how to create your own DIY acrylic coasters and menus... and all it takes is 10 minutes of your time!
You will need:
- Perspex sheets (we got ours from Foote and Flame!)
- Printed written menu and names in your chosen font
- Fine paint marker (black or white ink)
- Dried petals / confetti / glitter
Step by step:
1. Grab your printed sheet, and place it exactly where you want the words to go on the acrylic coaster
2. Trace the words through the acrylic coaster
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the acrylic menus
Now, set the table and put your artwork on show! Et voila – you’re done! (See, we told you there was nothing to it!)
TIP: We added dried flowers under the acrylic drink coaster, but feel free to incorporate confetti, gold leaves or anything else to make your DIY work of art pop!
Want more DIY craft ideas? Visit our LENZO blog for more creative projects you can do at home!
Love, LENZO x
COMPLETE THE LOOK
STYLING + CONCEPT Lenzo / PHOTOGRAPHER Jacinta Moore / ACRYLICS Foote and Flame / DIY ILLUSTRATIONS Jamieson Cosgriff / FLOWERS [Stasia Fox](/shop/hawthorn/vic/stasia-fox-flowers/2266 / GOLD CUTLERY The Hire Co