Host #THEPARTYOFTHEYEAR with our top 5 hiring tips
For over four years, LENZO has worked with many incredible businesses across Australia to create some pretty impressive weddings, birthday parties, baby showers and hens days. Our secret to hosting an #AMAZING party where we are always three steps ahead of event trends is that we don’t often buy our furniture, props, or decorations… instead, we hire them! It’s one of the reasons we always manage to have on-trend, instaworthy images to share.
We know that in the events world, trends have a lifecycle of around a year, which is why hiring is a great way to get the most up-to-date look without blowing your budget! Want to host a unique + super stylish event that will create memories to last a lifetime? Then read on to find out how we do it with our top 5 hiring tips.
SHOP THE LOOK: Hire slumber party package
First things first: why hire instead of buy?
After the party ends, there’s not much need for 30 vases (just ask LENZO’s Founding Director and #GIRLBOSS, Elleni, about that one!), so it just makes sense to hire your furniture, props, and decorations. Here’s a few other reasons why hiring is better instead of buying:
- You don’t need to buy a product outright – which means more dollars in your pocket
- You have access to the best-quality products that are new and up-to-date
- Your furniture and props will arrive spotless, and in many cases, can be set up for you
- You won’t need to find a place to store all of your furniture/props after the party!
LENZO has a curated list of event hire businesses that have the most up-to-date furniture and prop stock in Australia. You can even directly contact the hire business for quotes or any questions. Best of all, the LENZO marketplace enables you to compare what hire stock is available from the one page rather than having to visit each business individually.
Now, here’s what you need to know about event hire:
1. Define your theme
It can be easy to get carried away with all the beautiful furniture and décor that’s available, but the first thing you need to do is define your overall style: otherwise, you’ll end up hiring a green lounge with velvet red lamps and a yellow side table! Not hot!
Some popular themes include tropical, boho, rustic, modern gold luxe, or even classic black + white. Get inspiration from our blog to see what images and styling piques your interest the most. Once you’ve got your theme sorted, then the rest of the décor will just come naturally.
2. Hire your venue and staff
Calendars fill up pretty quickly these days, what with birthdays, engagements, baby showers, bridal showers, gender reveal parties, and hens days, so get your dream venue, photographers, videographers, and even make-up artists sorted first!
When choosing a venue to hire for an event, some important factors to look into are the amount of guests, the type of occasion it is, does the space suit the theme you are planning – you want to make sure the venue you hire is perfectly suited to the needs of your event.
A venue can make or break an event, so to help you make a decision, check out a few of our highly recommended venues:
- Melbourne: Campbell Point House, Alfred Place, Werribee Open Range Zoo, National Gallery of Victoria, The Line Warehouse, 40rd, Two Ton Max, Melbourne Zoo, Museum Spaces, Melbourne Yacht Club, Yarra Valley Estate, and Highline
- Sydney: Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, byronviewfarm and Three Blue Ducks
- Perth: The Quarry Amphitheatre and Montgomery Hall
- Brisbane & Adelaide: Recommendations coming soon!
Keep in mind that the most popular dates for weddings in Australia are April – May, and then September – November. For other special events, the dates before public holidays and weekends also tend to book quite fast. If you’re planning a celebration during any of these times, it’s always a good idea to hire your venue and staff well in advance!
3. Book your key pieces ASAP
Next, get your big ticket items sorted. Items that fall under the ‘essentials’ include furniture such as your tables, chairs, and lounges, as well as your drink stations and backdrops. Hiring furniture for events allows you to create the space and style you want. You’ll also gain access to a wider inventory of stock, meaning that your whole event can be cohesive with the theme.
Avoid disappointment by booking your key pieces ASAP – we like to lock in these items 10-12 months in advance. Then, once you’ve got that sorted, you can then look to hire your smaller décor, such as linen, cutlery, and glassware.
To create the right atmosphere, sometimes you need some help from furniture hire specialists like these ones:
- Dann Event Hire
- Place Settings
- Hampton Event Hire
- The Hire Co.
- Moreton Hire
- Innovative Hiring
- Valiant Events
- Ché Event Hire
- Event Artillery
- Atmosphere Events
Most hire businesses on LENZO will have an inventory pool that includes furniture hire as well as decorations and props. This means you can work with one business to source all that you need for your event – too easy!
4. Bring your event together with the little details
Hosting a celebration is all about the extra little details that will help bring your theme to life – such as party decorations, tableware, centrepieces, arbours and backdrops, signage, and even a photo booth. You can hire just about anything now for your event (including your wedding dress!)
However, there are a few exceptions. Generally speaking, anything that you want customised will need to be bought, for obvious reasons. Just some of the things you will need to buy for your event include:
- Stationery, such as invitations, thank you notes, and RSVP cards
- Flowers (unless you are considering greenery hire)
- Personalised guest favours (such as name cards or candles)
- Guest seating plans or custom event signage
5. Hire a stylist
If you aren’t an expert at the pretty details, then it’s a great idea to hire an event stylist. They will create a mood board with you, and work from that to create a cohesive and balanced party palette. So simple, right!?
Some of our fave event planners to hire are listed here:
- White+White: Bright, fashion-forward wedding styling in Brisbane
- Styled by Coco: Great for kids party styling and beautiful flower installations in Melbourne
- En Pointe Events: Located in Melbourne and coming from a catering background, Kate Stewart and Rocco know events like no other
- The Stylist’s Guide Adelaide-based event stylists with incredible attention to detail
- The Events Lounge: They’ll help you create memories on the Gold Coast and Byron Bay area
- Ivy & Bleu Events: A team of florists, stylists and planners in QLD
- Storytime Weddings: The dynamic duo have a high level of service and passion for the events industry. Available in Melbourne.
- Bertie Does: They’ll help plan, manage, and style it all for you in Perth
- And of course, you can always contact Parties By LENZO! We’ve now made our famous wedding and event styling services available for everyone!
The LENZO marketplace: your source for all event hire needs
At LENZO, we’ve collated a collection of the very best event suppliers around Australia to help you with all your event hire needs. From side tables to photo booths and everything in between, you are sure to find a product to match your theme + personal style right here. Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner for a corporate launch or a lavish baby shower, shop online on the LENZO marketplace where you'll find favourite local suppliers to help you create an unforgettable event.
No matter where your party is located in Australia - in Melbourne or Sydney, Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane - we have a large range of event hire products available online for you. Just browse the marketplace today!
Love, LENZO x