Why hiring a party stylist is the best thing you can do for your event
Surely, it can't be that hard to style your own event, right? WRONG.
Kim Kardashian has one. So does Beyoncé. Even Richard Branson has one (and no we’re not talking about a private island!) We’re talking about hiring a party stylist to help execute that perfect Instagrammable event.
If you thought party stylists were just reserved for A-listers, think again. While you might not have the budget for a celebration as wild as theirs, you can still execute an #incred event with the help of a party stylist.
So, what does a party stylist actually do?
A party stylist will work with you to create the theme and design for your event based on your vision. Not only will they listen to your ideas but they’ll offer suggestions and bring everything together to ensure it’s one of the most memorable days of your life.
Just some of the things a party stylist can do include:
- Source suppliers
- Scout venues
- Manage your budget
- Come up with the theme and concept
- Ensures that every element seamlessly goes well together
- Manage and liaise with suppliers
- Set up and coordinate the event
DIY vs. hiring a party stylist
Whether it’s a kid’s birthday party or best friend’s engagement, the truth is you can’t do it all on your own. Do you really have the time to source unique decorations, pick up and drop off various props from multiple locations, create styling pieces, personalise items, and test different cake flavours (on second thoughts…)?
This is why it makes sense to hire a party stylist, who can take your celebration to the next level without letting you lift a finger.
Here’s 9 reasons why you need a party stylist:
- Save time: It takes an average of 15-20 hours from concept and development to set-up and execution. That’s a lot of hours that you could spend focusing on the other important aspects, such as what to wear to the event (and sometimes, we can even help you out with that!)
- Access to a pool of resources: Every stylist has access to their own database of experienced and skilled industry experts, who they can reach out to in order to help make your party #AMAZING. This means you save time looking for what you need, as we’ve got the connections already.
- Save effort: Having family and work commitments can get in the way of planning an awesome party: it’s hard to be completely committed to designing a fabulous event when your head space is elsewhere. When you engage with a party stylist, you get an individual or business who can give your event the full attention it deserves!
- Save money: A good party stylist is efficient and will know how to create a stylish and memorable event while taking into consideration your budget. All you need to do is work out how much money you want to invest in your party and your expectation from that amount in relation to styling.
- Experience: Whether it’s your child’s first birthday or your best friend’s hens day, a party stylist will have attended and organised a number of these events in the same year. They’ll know what to expect around every corner – nothing is a surprise to them!
- A professional eye: Ever wondered how some parties just seem so well put together, with not a single thing out of place and every last little detail accounted for? Your hostess received help from a professional party stylist.
- Creativity: All good party stylists find ways to make problems turn into positive solutions. If they can’t accomplish something because it’s not physically possible, they’ll try to come up with a better idea for you.
- No epic fails: The last thing you want to happen at your event is for something to go wrong. By hiring a party planner, your event is in the capable hands of someone who works well under pressure, has great time management skills, and won’t make room for mistakes.
- You get to relax + enjoy the party: Now, doesn’t that sound amazing?
How much does a party stylist actually cost?
One of the main reasons why people don’t engage with a party stylist is the anticipated cost.
Many people assume that hiring a party stylist is a luxury that they can’t afford, but when you take into consideration how much time and effort you’ll save – not to mention keeping your sanity intact - the benefits really do outweigh the costs. After all, can you really put a price on perfection?
Some party stylists have set packages while others will quote you based on what you need for your event. Some charge an initial consulting fee, whilst others offer this service complimentary.
Regardless, a good party stylist will work with you and your budget to create something to match your vision.
Have we convinced you yet? Here’s our fave LENZO-recommended party stylists for when you're ready to make your event NEXT LEVEL:
- Event stylists in NSW: Something White Events
- Event stylists in QLD: white+white
- Event stylists in VIC: En Pointe Events, Storytime Weddings and Events, Plan A Events, Bedazzled Parties, Styled by Varu, LENZO!
- Event stylists in WA: Villa Kula, M Event Hire
Love, LENZO x
HIRE A PARTY STYLIST IN AUSTRALIA ON LENZO
Hero image by Paul McMillan for Castle Towers